Teaching Children to Pray
Dave & Diane Burwell
The Need for Parents to Pray:
Praying for your children is not a privilege that we have as parents it is a necessity. Each day our children face an enormous amount of pressure to become part of what is considered normal by the world’s standards. Without prayer our children will not be able to stand against the insurmountable odds they will face in childhood.
There are several other reasons we as parents need to pray for our children;
- No one else knows our children as well as we do so no one else can pray for our children like we can.
- No one else but you may be praying for your children, so if you do not pray who will?
- It will increase your awareness of what your children are doing.
- It will help you talk to them about the what God desires for them to have as His children
- It will give them comfort to know that they are loved and cared for by you their parents.
Parents’ prayer – An example
Lord you have given me these children to watch over and care for. Grant them your safety and your protection against all the schemes and temptations of the devil. Grant them the wisdom to get through life. Grant them the security of knowing that they rest firmly in your grasp. Thank you for giving me these children. All these things I pray in your name Amen.
IMPORTANT: As Children’s Ministry teachers, we can stand in the gap for the children whose parents don’t understand the need to prayer for those God has given them to nurture and protect.
We are training God’s Warrior’s, the adults of the next generation, to reach their potential in God and His destiny for their lives in His Kingdom on earth.
As parents, we must battle for our children’s hearts!
- Hide the WORD in their hearts. Psalms 119:11 (Amp) Your word have I laid up in my heart, that I might not sin against You
- PRAY, PRAY, PRAY & PRAY some more! Psalm 19:14(Amp) Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my [firm, impenetrable] Rock and my Redeemer.
BE CONSISTENT. THIS IS THE KEY!!! Sow the seeds of love and you will reap them.
Ask the Lord to help you to be the best godly parent/teacher that you can be. The Lord can enable you to teach your children His ways. He will lead them into His paths.
How We Learn: Taught by Allen E. Burwell to Dave Burwell to Mike Burwell to Julian Burwell,
We must: AD O PT
Then we must: AD A PT
Then we practice to become: AD E PT
- First we are: Unconsciously In-Capability
- Second we are: Consciously In-Capability
- Third we are: Consciously Capability
- Lastly we are: Un-Consciously Capability
Proverbs 22:6 (Amp) “Train up a child in the way he should go [and in keeping with his individual gift or bent], and when he is old he will not depart from it.”
To learn more about teaching your children to pray click here: http://www.lifecoach321.com/freedom-prayers/teach-children-to-pray/teaching-our-children-to-pray-a-parental-summary/